Saturday, January 15, 2011

A ROM Thanks to Guys and Dahl

To all my dear Museum of Fine Artist's at Roslindale Open Mike,  THANK YOU!!!


A heartfelt thanks goes out to Chip Canty, Cecilia Dahl and George Cronin (AKA Guys and Dahl), for a fantastic 2011 Anniversary Show Feature at ROM!!!


I would be remiss if I left out the fact that so many of you showed up to ROM as we have been so very blessed from our very beginning with the most incredible base of Supporters of ROM than I could ever have imagined!! I do thank each and every one of you that join us in song, spoken word, comedy, magical events, and the many artforms yet to be seen at ROM. We are always looking for and open for any forms of entertainment as long as it does fall into our steadfast "Family Friendly", atmosphere & umbrella!!


We are now looking ahead to our upcoming ROM which will Feature the wonderful sounds and songs of Christiana Gerstner www.christianagerstner.com


We did want to wish David Jackson, John Boehmer, Ed Banatt and Bill Duncan a very Happy Birthday on our very special Anniversary week. We did have a cake in place to celebrate this wonderful event and we began our night and my thanks to Charlie Ortolani & Bill Duncan and Mike for opening our show in honor of these birthdays with, The Beatle's Birthday song!! The night only grew stronger and better from there. At points we were at standing room only with over 30 folks that ook to the stage to play and possibly more. I will have to count from the mere 464 pix I took that night. Please do gently remind me if you DO NOT get pix sent you you after a ROM. To my knowledge thus far there have only been 2 people in 3 years where I was busy with other matters of running the house but I do my best to limit those occasions as I love both listening and learning as I am working through the lens of my camera!!


You have continued the spirit at ROM! That is so profound and so Community for both Mike and myself and I say with comfort for both Mike and myself, we have a great 2011 line up already in place!


If there is anyone that is interested in being placed on the feature Request list for 2012. Please make sure you email me at neal@roslindaleopenmike.org. There are no guarrantee's and I have established a backup list for 2011 should there be a need to fill in a Feature if given enough notice!! I thank you for your patience and understanding in the process of selecting Features. We only do 23 Venues per year and we had 96 request's for Features for 2011. That is a total honor to what Mike and I have attempted to do at ROM!! 


Hope to see you at ROM on 1-24-11


Always, Neal :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment