Sunday, January 9, 2011

IT's Official, Anniversary Show at ROM and a Resolution already achieved!

HAPPY 2011!!!!!

A reminder that our Community at ROM goes into Anniverary Show for Year Number 3 tomorrow Monday 1-10-11 Our feature will be GUYS and Dahl, This wonderful energy fillled  trio consists of:   
Chip Canty, Cecilia Dahl and Geroge Cronin.
 It will be a fabulous night at ROM so please do come!!!


Going into 3 years now I have wished to light our stage at ROM!! I had resolved in 2011 I would do my best to make it happen!!! 


Yesterday a wonderful gentleman (and musician I may add), donated  an entire stage Lighting System to ROM. I would like to thank Mike Emery for this genrous donation. At this point the only thing I will need to add to it are 2 tri-pod stands to hold 2 racks of small canned lights! if anyone has 1 or 2 they NOT be using!! Please do let me know!!
What a Great way to start the New Year at ROM, Thanks agin to Mike Emery!


This has been a worldwind weekend of fun, music and friends! It began on Friday at Sanders Theatre (one of the most beautiful venues I have ever been to), for A Pleasant(s) Evening! This Show was a packed/sold out show I attended with Branson Bofat and we had no tix and were able to get 2 tix while in waiting line dead ctr in the 1st row mezzanine. In my opinion, Best seats in that beautiful House!! 
My personal Congrats and thanks to Dick Pleasant's for his 40 plus years on Boston's Folk Radio!!
 Dick is also as many of you know the Founder of the world famous SAMW!!!!!!


I may be attending a SAMW reunion today at UMass-Boston on an invite from my dear friend Mike Delaney. Though I have yet to make it there, Mike feels I would fit right in as I already know so many of the campers!!! I may see you there!


Lastly, I had a wonderful evening last night at Passim's with dear singer/songwriter, but more importantly dear friend Junko Ogawa. We went to see Randall Kromm, well known to us at ROM as the opening act and his own and First CD Release Party! The CD is called WATER WHEEL (www.randallkromm.com) Randall was fabulous and had the packed house mezmorized by his style and from the heart songs of life! I highly recommend adding randall's new CD to you To Do list of CD's to get!!! AS I did mention Randall was the opening act for yet another dear friend of ROM that being, DON WHITE who oddly enough also has a brand new incredible CD just released called: "Winning Streak" (www.donwhite.net) Don's presence, performance and just his all encopassing approach to his audience was so wonderful and endearing!! Thanks Don and Randall for a great night of music, Community and Friendship along with a wee bit of Networking for all!!


For the very unsual Encore in the Folk world, Don called Randall back to the stage but also asked aother young lad from Lynn named Eric Houde and then a wonderful friend of ROM and (very specially dear friend to me), and the the entire folk world, Ellen Schmidt was in the house and Don asked Ellen to join them all on stage for the Final song of the night which happens to be one of my personal all time favorite songs called "Irene Goodnight". It was harmonic and magical!!! It was a song my mother used to sing to me as a youngin and then we went on to sing it as a family and then I even used to play it on my own guitar back in the horse drawn age!!!!


Happy 2011 everybody and lets see you at ROM as often as possible!!


All my best, Always, Neal :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment